Did You Know That Your Business Can Be Reimbursed for Training?
On-the-Job training is a great way to make a difference for your business, because it helps reduce your training costs, while providing your new employee with the necessary skill sets that you require for the job.
If you business is planning to hire, it can take advantage of this federal program that reimburses employers for training new employees, or existing employees who are moving to a different position within your business, but will need additional in-house training to do the job.
Please contact us immediately for an appointment to explain the program and how to get started.
Quick Facts about On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- Participants are permanent employees
- Participants are selected for hire by the employer
- Participants must meet eligibility criteria
- Employers must be established legal entities and comply with the State of New Mexico Workers Compensation insurance requirements
- OJT is a method of providing individualized occupational skills training
- The OJT objective is to assist businesses to provide training in demand occupations that meet the needs of the employer
- The goal of the OJT program is to place participants in occupations that will enhance their prospects for long-term employment
- OJT involves the acquisition of specific skills and employment competencies, through exposure in an actual work setting, to the processes, work tasks, tools and methods of a specific job or group of jobs
- Your company's financials are NOT REQUIRED OR REQUESTED to participate in this program
- An on-the-job training contract must be completed prior to hiring
Is Your Business Eligible to Participate?
- Is your business a legal entity?
- Is your business registered with a state sales tax certificate, a state unemployment tax identification number, and federal tax identification number?
- Is your business compliant with worker's insurance requirements?
- Is your business barred from entering into contracts that are funded with federal or state funds?
If you answered yes to questions 1 - 3, and no to question 4, your business meets the initial eligibility requirements. If not, please contact the workforce center to learn more on how to meet the requirements.
Government organizations are also eligible to participate in the OJT program when the job position is not funded by federal dollars.
Are There Different Reimbursement Levels?
Yes, depending on the employee size, your organization can be reimbursed up to 75% of the employee's wage for up to six-months.
- 75% reimbursement for employers with 1 to 50 employees
- 50% reimbursement for employers with 51 to 250 employees
Your organization, as an employer enters into an agreement to hire, train, and retain the employee upon successful completion of the training program. Through this program, businesses may be reimbursed for up to six-months.
- Monthly reimbursement of up to 75% of trainee's hourly wage
- Tailored training
- Employers save recruiting, screening and training costs
- Length of training is negotiable
- OJT trainees are managed like regular employees
- Quick approval time
What's My Next Step?
Start saving on your training costs today by contacting your nearest workforce center.