Need Help with Your Grades?
We can help at no cost to you: The Youth Program provides tutoring and case management services to improve the study and academic skill for youth ages 14-21. The main thrust of the Youth Program is to increase the focus on longer-term academic and occupational learning opportunities and provide long-term comprehensive service strategies. Youth services are provided to in-school or out-of-school youth ages 14-21. Youth will benefit from tutoring, study skills training and instruction leading to the completion of secondary schooling including dropout prevention strategies;
Eligibility: An individual must be between the ages of 14-21, low income and meet at least one of the following barriers to employment:
- School dropout (individual is no longer attending any school and has not received a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent);
- Basic skills deficient (individuals that have English, writing or computing skills at or below the 8th grade level on a generally accepted standardized test;
- Foster child
- Pregnant or parenting
- Individuals with disabilities, including learning disabilities
- Homeless or runaway youth
- Offenders or
- Meets the local workforce investment board's definition of an eligible youth facing serious barriers.
Take the First Step Today: Contact us at the closest workforce center to you and ask to speak with a youth services representative.